Monday, October 26, 2009

Two posts, one song.

Wow, two posts in one day?! Shocking, I know...

I finally got around to typing this out.  This is an "odd" song that I recently wrote, still not sure how I feel about the imagery and the tone to it. I also haven't played for anyone yet, maybe I should do that, too...  Your comments and impressions are more than welcome!

"Drown"


Verse 1
Fall into the sea,
Where we can finally be
Alone and so free,
Drowning peacefully,

No one can save you,
There's nothing you can do,
Nothing to hold to,
Just sink into the blue

Prechorus
Let your last breath out,
Wash away your doubt

Chorus

Drown with me,
Stolen by the sea,
We'll grow gills and fins,
And let our new life begin,
Underneath the waves

Verse 2
This is how we hoped it would end
You and I together again
Breathe your first breath in
First of the mer-women

Forever we can be,
Explorers of the sea,
The ocean's king and queen,
Living blissfully

Prechorus 2
Our new home is here,
What have you to fear?

Chorus 2

Drown with me,
Sleep in the sea,
Our scales shining in the sun,
When our new life has begun,
Underneath the waves.
*Fin* (Dah-bum-pssh)

Tell me what you think!

—Z

1 comments:

alyssa said...

wow! that's really good :)